Recipe by sochocmom
This is adapted from the back of the Betty Crocker Brownie mix box. Since my family doesn't care for Raspberry Brownies I did my own version and substituted Peanut Butter. We prefer the Dark Chocolate brownie mix but it can be used on the Fudge type also.
- 1 (20 ounce) boxbetty crocker dark chocolate fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄4 cup water, as called for on brownie mix box
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil, as called for on brownie mix box
- 2 eggs, as called for on brownie mix box
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted (optional)
- miniature semisweet chocolate chips (optional) or chocolate sprinkles, as much as desired (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Make and cool brownies as directed for 13 x 9 pan.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and peanut butter on medium speed until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies.
- You can decorate them by sprinkling chocolate sprinkles or mini chocolate chips on top ( our favorite).
- If using the melted semisweet chocolate for decoration - spread the cooled brownies with the cream cheese / peanut butter mixture and then refrigerate them for 15 minutes, melt the chocolate until smooth. Drizzle over brownies. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chocolate is firm before cutting.
- Stored covered in refrigerator.