Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I came up with this one evening recently when I had a bunch of fresh peaches that I got on sale. It turned out quite yummy and is best served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 5 -7 medium sized fresh peaches
- 0.5 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2⁄3 cup quick oats
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9x9 baking dish.
- Blanch peaches by dropping into boiling water for 45 seconds then plunging into ice water. Remove the peel (it should slip right off) and slice peaches. You want enough peaches to fill a 9x9 pan about halfway to the top.
- Mix rest of ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over the peaches.
- Bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes or until topping is golden, and peaches are bubbling slightly.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
This dessert was wonderful. I doubled the recipe and shared it with my neighbors who loved it. I will definitely be making this again. Thank you