Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is too easy to believe! And over the years, I've come up with a few tricks to make it even easier. It's so tasty; your guests will never know how simple it was. Or let kids make it for you! Enjoy!
- 4 cups frozen peaches, mostly thawed
- 1 frozen pie crust, thawed, rolled out
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or 2 teaspoons rum
- 2 ounces milk
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place pie crust on a parment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Put the remaining ingredients, except the milk, into a large zip-close bag and shake until peaches are coated.
- "Dump" peach mixture into a mount in the center of the crust and "pat down" so the peaches are about 1 inch from the sides.
- Fold the lip of the pie crust over the edge of the peaches.
- Coat the edge of the crust with milk.
- Bake 35 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and crust is golden brown.
- Allow to set before serving.
- (If your crust bakes faster than your peaches, just cover the it with some foil.).
This was super easy and the results were great! I used fresh peaches, more cinnamon and less nutmeg and it tasted delicious. Can't wait to make another.
This is the second time I have made this and I love it! Very easy to do! I lay out the pie crust, fill the peaches in on one side and pull the rest over top so it looks like an omelet. Then I brush outside with milk and/or butter and sprinkle it with sugar before baking. I also add more cinnamon and nutmeg for flavor. If you don't have those..use some pumpkin pie spice. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
I've made this twice in the past week - it is easy-peasy and absolutely delicious. I used a mixture of white and yellow peaches, so it looked even nicer the second time. I intend to use the same idea with other fruits as the season goes on. Thanks for the idea!!