Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
An easy and delicious way to have summer peaches which makes a great cooking project for kids when they have nothing to do. Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit (August, 1981)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 (11 ounce) package pie crust mix
- 7 peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in bowl.
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions and roll into 10-inch circle.
- Transfer to pizza pan.
- Arrange peach slices on top of crust.
- Sift sugar/flour mixture over fruit.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until peaches are bubbly.
Nice flavor and pretty presentation. I arranged peach slices in concentric circles around pizza crust. Outside edge of crust was nice and flaky but the crust covered by peaches was not. I will partially pre-bake crust (or glaze with egg whites) next time before adding peaches to keep the crust flaky and crispy. Although I though the dry ingredients were going to be too much for the peaches/crust, it wasn't...and thickened and seasoned the pie nicely.