Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is one of my dorm room recipes. My dorm mom let me use her oven on occasion and this is one of the things we shared. She even put my ice cream in her freezer. We had lots of girl talks over this crisp. It's so versatile, as you could use pears, fruit cocktail or pie filling. It's quick to throw together, your guests will never know it.
- 2 (15 ounce) canssliced peach halves in syrup, drained
- 2 (1 5/8 ounce) packets instant cinnamon and spice oatmeal (see the note) or 2 (1 5/8 ounce) packets instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal (see the note)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts or 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- NOTE: If you only have plain instant oat packets, just add the cinnamon and nutmeg to your taste.
- Preheat the oven to 425*. Lightly butter an 8x8 baking dish.
- Place the peaches in the dish. Mix together the oats, flour, nuts, and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over the peaches.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly and serve with ice cream.
Love the recipe and love the memories. Nothing like dorm memories and a great way to get rid of those instant oatmeal packages that no one wants to eat!
Just made it tonight, used apple cinnamon instant oatmeal. It was quick and very tasty. I will definitely make this again.
This was very good! I think next time I will try it with pie filling. Thanks for sharing