Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delish Summer dessert. Must serve with real vanilla ice cream for the full effect! I omit the nutmeg, always use the cinnamon. Southern Living, JUNE 1997
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups fresh peach slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ground cinnamon (optional) or nutmeg (optional)
- Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
- Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir).
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.
Easy and great tasting!
Everyone loved this recipe. I used a 9 x 8 Pan so that cobbler would be deeper, only change. Will make again and again.