Recipe by LeBaker
One of my family's favorite's, it's more of a cake style cobbler...Yummy with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream while still warm..It is a recipe that is so easy to make, using canned peaches...It can easily be cut in half, too!!..Enjoy!
Top Review by Susie D
I selected this recipe because it seemed much like my mother-in-law's style of cobbler. The result was hubby approved and with a request to make it again soon. I used two 15.5 oz cans of sliced peaches, but cut the rest of the ingredients in half and baked in a 9 inch glass pan. The cake layer was thinner than pictured, but it balanced well with the juicy fruit layer. Made for Spring 2014 Pick A Chef.
- 2 (1474.17 g) can peach slices, drained
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, softened
- cinnamon, to taste
- 532.32 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml milk
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a buttered 9 x 13 cake pan, put the 2 cans of well drained peaches, sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the sugar & liberally sprinkle cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together remaining 2 cups of sugar, butter, & eggs; until light & fluffy. Add vanilla, milk, flour, baking powder, & salt, & beat together on medium speed, for at least 2 minutes & it is smooth.
- Spread batter on top of the peaches & cinnamon mixture. Place in oven & bake for 55 - 60 minutes, or until middle springs back when touched.
- Serve while still warm, with whipped topping. Refrigerate unused portions.