Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe given to me by my ex-mother in law.
Make and share this Easy Peach Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (29 ounce) can peaches (drained)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- Pour melted margarine into 9 by 13 inch pan.
- Pour peaches over melted margarine.
- Mix together sugar, flour, and milk. Batter will be runny (but don't worry).
- Pour over peaches.
- Bake at 350°F until crust is golden brown.
- Serve with either a non-dairy topping or vanilla ice cream.
This was a big hit at the lake this weekend. Served with Vanilla Bean ice cream. I did add a few things, I added 1/2c brown sugar, dash of baking powder and 1/8tsp maple flavoring. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes in a 9x13 glass baking dish. One of the men that I served this to said "this is the best peach cobbler he had ever had" Thank you so much for sharing this easy and simple recipe! As most know, pleasing a Man and they give you this kind of praise than you know you've got a good recipe :)
I added about 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract to the dough, and 2 and 1/2 tablespoons of the peach juice to the drained peaches. It was delicious, but the dough never browned up, I even baked ot for 45min.
Perfect recipe for cobbler. This is the ratio that I always use when making any fruit cobbler of any type. Makes the perfect amount of dough to fruit that is sweet, but not too sweet.