Recipe by MS. CINDY
As this cobbler bakes, the batter bubbles up through the peaches to form a crusty topping. For that reason, some cooks call it "miracle pie" Whatever yo call it, it couldn't be any easier.
Top Review by drivingmrs.crazy
did not have lemon juice so i omitted it my peaches were in light syrup so i added a little bit more sugar and boiled the peach mixture just a little longer it was fabulous!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar (to taste)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 30 ounces peach slices in syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pour the melted butter into a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- In a medium size bowl mix together flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
- Stir in milk, mixing until well combined. Pour this batter over the butter but do not stir together.
- In a small saucepan, combine the peaches ( 2 15.25 .oz cans of sliced peaches in heavy syrup un-drained or 6 fresh medium peaches), lemon juice and remaining sugar and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Pour the peaches over the batter but do not stir together.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over mixture.
- You can also sprinkle sugar over the top of the cinnamon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with French vanilla ice cream.