Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a really easy peach cobbler dessert my mother used to make for us when we were kids. You may use either fresh peaches or drain the canned ones. Whichever method you choose you will be delighted with the end result.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 29 ounces canned peaches (drained) or 8 -10 fresh peaches
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and milk to create batter.
- Melt 1 stick of butter in 9 X 9 casserole dish. Pour some of the batter into the dish.
- Add peaches. (as much as needed to fill baking dish).
- Pour in remaining batter and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake uncovered at 325 for 1 hour or until golden brown.
Great cobbler! Think it needs a little more batter, though! Might increase my batter amount next time. Made mine with fresh peaches and blueberries! Yummmn
This really was an easy and delicious recipe. My boyfriend and I both loved it. I'm thinking of making it for Thanksgiving this year. I made a few small changes. I used one cup of sugar instead of 1 and 1/2, and it was plenty sweet. I think more sugar would have made it too sweet for my taste. I used canned peaches which are already sweetened. Because I was cutting the sugar I also cut the salt, adding only 1 teaspoon instead of 1 and 1/2. I added about 1/4 tsp of vanilla to the batter, and also added a dash of nutmeg and cinnamon to the peaches themselves before putting them onto the first layer of batter. Then I sprinkled a little more cinnamon over the top layer before sticking it in the oven. It only took about 50 minutes to bake, but this could be because my oven runs hot.
I have made several versions of this but my family loves this one the most! Thank you for sharing such a delicious recipe :)