Recipe by Lalaloula
This recipe takes a basic muffin batter and turns it into a fluffy and moist peach cake that has a tropical twist to it. You could try out different fruit and jam combinations, which makes this a super versatile recipe, too. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do! :)
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Followed your recipe right on down, using some mango preserves that I had & the cake turned out beautifully! Absolutely delicious served with a scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt & just a spoonful of a thick peach sauce I'd made earlier! Will be keeping your cake recipe on hand, for sure! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]
- 120 g sugar
- 200 g sour cream
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons tropical jam (mine was lime, mango and papaya)
- 2 eggs
- 250 g flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 small peaches, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big bowl combine sugar, sour cream, oil and jam. Beat in the eggs.
- In a second bowl combine flour and baking powder. Add this to the wet ingredients and quickly mix inches Do not overmix!
- Pour into a paper-lined or greased brownie pan (rectangular 20 X 20 cm/8 X 8 in) and top with the peach slices (stick them into the dough with the peel side facing up).
- Bake in the preheated oven at 190°C/375°F for 35-40 minutes or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Note: This is super yummy served with vanilla whipped cream.