Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fast, easy & so good! Good for potlucks too.
- 1 (15 ounce) can peach slices (drained & mashed)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2-1 cup oleo
- 1 (14 ounce) can Milnot Condensed Milk (or 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk, plus 1 cup brown sugar)
- 1 cup coconut
- Mix all cake ingredients together and pour into a greased & floured 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While baking, make icing.
- Cook icing ingredients until thick & pour over cake while HOT.
Quick...EASY...good. I scratched the recommended icing as I am diabetic going instead with just a light dusting of some ginger/nutmeg/Splenda mix. Dollop of Cool whip - no one cmplained about the icing. Really cut the calories and oh - so good!
How much of a measurement is the mashed(? or what is "ashed") peaches? 1 Cup?? I have quart jars of peaches... I'll update after I've made the cake.
My Mam and Dad come every Sunday for a late dinner, this week I hadn't made a pudding...I searched the word easy and found this cake...I did not ice it but served it whilst still warm with custard. AMAZING!! Everybody loved it, it so moist and tastes of syrup.YUMMY SCRUMMY!!!