Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't like oats on my fruit crisps, but like the crunchy, caramel topping. A friend in Sacramento gave me this recipe, & have been making it for years. I've looked for others, but haven't found one as easy or as good! I have tried it with just peaches, just blueberries, and mixed berries, and all worked well!
- 5 large peaches, peeled & sliced or 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen peaches
- 1 pint fresh blueberries or 1 pint frozen blueberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter a 9-inch deep dish pie plate or other casserole.
- In a large bowl, mix fruit and cinnamon.
- Pour fruit into pie plate or casserole.
- Put flour & sugar into a food processor & pulse to mix.
- Turn on food processor and SLOWLY add beaten egg through feed tube.
- Mix just until the consistency of damp sand.
- If over processed, a dough will form.
- You DO NOT want this!
- Sprinkle flour, sugar, egg mixture over fruit.
- Jiggle pan slightly to settle topping, but do not pack down.
- Slowly drizzle melted butter over topping.
- Bake crisp on a foil lined baking sheet for 30- 45 minutes.
- Crisp should be bubbly & deep golden brown.
- Check after 30 minutes.
- If not browned continued to check every 5-10 minutes until desired doneness & color.
- Serve warm, either plain or with vanilla ice cream.
This is a very nice crisp recipe. I used all frozen fruit and I really thin it would be much better with all fresh fruit. The crisp part is wonderful. The fruit was a little too liquidy for me which is why I think fresh fruit would be better. Otherwise, I made it as posted and I used my KitchenAid mini chopper and it worked well for the crisp. I plan to try it again during peach season. Thank you for posting such a good recipe!