Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an old Better Homes and Garden recipe. Use frozen (not canned peas) to make a fresh crisp pea salad.
- 283.49 g peas (frozen)
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese (cubed)
- 2 eggs (boiled and chopped)
- 59.14 ml celery (chopped)
- 29.58 ml onions (chopped)
- 29.58 ml pimentos
- 78.07 ml mayonnaise
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml hot pepper sauce
- Allow peas to set at room temperature to thaw, about 30 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to thawed peas, chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve on lettuce leaves or in wedged tomatoes.
Quick and easy to prepare. I left out the pimentos because I didn't have any on hand, but still colorful and tasty.
Excellent. I had planned this as a side for leftover pot roast but it's so substantial that I might just save it tomorrows stand alone lunch. Not pimento's in this house either so I replaced them with some diced carrot for the color. The cheese I used was a good Gouda and I must say that it plays very nicely with everyone else in the bowl. This will be much enjoyed come summer as well as now. Made for Photo Tag,
This is very good and very simple to throw together. I left out the pimentos (didn't have any) and the hot pepper sauce (personal preference). Didn't measure the cheese, just sort of threw it in. :)