Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Herbed cream cheese makes this sauce not only taste great but it's almost effortless too! You can substitute Broccoli if your not a big fan of Asparagus and serve with bread sticks or a salad if you'd like.
- 4 cups bow tie pasta, uncooked (or small pasta of your choice)
- 1 (10 ounce) packageof frozen cut asparagus or 1 (10 ounce) packagebaby broccoli florets
- 1 (6 ounce) package cooked ham, cut into thin strips
- 1 (8 ounce) containersoft style cream cheese with chives and onions
- 1⁄3 cup milk (skim is ok)
- In a large dutch oven, add pasta to boiling water and cook 6 minutes less than recommended on package; add frozen asparagus or broccoli the last 5 minutes of pasta cooking time.
- Add ham for the last 1 minute before draining just to heat through.
- Remove from heat and drain pasta-ham mixture thoroughly.
- In a small bowl mix together cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- Add cheese mixture to asparagus-ham mixture and stir over medium heat just until heated through and mixture is well coated.
- Serve immediately.
This was awsome, I used both broccoli and asparagus, cause I love them both. Otherwise didn't change a thing. Thank you for sharing