Recipe by Anu
This is the best way to enjoy a pasta dish with the fresh flavour of a tomato-based sauce... by making it on your own!
Top Review by Mirj
I really enjoyed this recipe. I upped the proportions of the ingredients to accomodate a 500 gram bag of pasta. I also used fresh oregano and fresh basil, tossed that right into the stir-fry. The scent was heavenly! I didn't use any cheese, I wanted to savor the vegetables' flavor. Thanks a bunch Anu, this is going to become a regular addition to our family meals.
- 3 ounces pasta (Conchiglie Rigate or similar conch-shaped pasta works best)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 large fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pot of 1 1/2 cups of lightly salted water to a boil, add pasta, and cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a saucepan on a medium flame, add the onions and saute until soft and translucent.
- Now add the diced tomatoes and bell-pepper strips, salt, basil, oregano and saute for about 5 minutes until the bell-peppers soften a bit.
- If you like it crispier, saute only for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat, toss well with cooked pasta and serve hot with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese!