This is a recipe I thought of when I wanted pasta, but had no sauce on hand. I serve it with Spinach Fettucine pasta noodles. The sauce does not look like it will make lot, but trust me it is thick and rich and goes along way.
- Saute mushrooms with little bit of the olive oil and a teaspoon each of the dressing, onion, garlic, and italian seasoning.
- Blend mushrooms as well as oil into almost purree. (Yes, I know it looks disgusting trust me).
- Microwavable safe bowl place two pints of tomatoes plus the rest of the onion, garlic and italian dressing and seasoning. Cover with paper towl and microwave between 2-4 minutes until most of the tomatoes have popped. Stir once during time frame.
- Add the microwave mixture to blender. Puree.
- Add tomato paste and sugar if necessary.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil in as needed to thin sauce.