Recipe by wildly_wicked_wolf
This is an easy tangy sauce that tastes like you slaved over it all day. This sauce can be used in any pasta dish.This can also be used by Vegetarian's as well just leave the meat out, still makes a wonderful sauce.
- 1 lb lean hamburger (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes with juice
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian spices
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven or 5 quart kettle add oil and onions cook till tender.
- Add tomatoes with juice ( I like to take the tops off the tomatoes and squish them before adding).
- Add tomatoe paste.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- add all the other ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Heat to boiling then turn down to simmer.
- Be careful this will pop, so use a splatter screen or lid half on to avoid getting burned.
- Cook till desired consistancy, serve over your favorite pasta or italian casseroles.
- As stated for Vegetarians omit the optional hamburger.