Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe is very easy and great to make for a large crowd or to bring to the cottage or a BBQ. It takes less than 30 minutes to make. It is very healthy and colourful and everyone loves it! This recipe came from my mother-inlaw. All my friend have asked for the recipe and all find it very tasty and easy to make.
- 2 cups cooked pasta (fussili/rigatoni is nice)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced thin-diced (any onion is good-I usually add about 1/4 cup or more)
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 red pepper (optional)
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil (light is best-use your favourite oil)
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- mix the cooked pasta (once it has cooled) with the diced vegetable.
- in a seperate bowl (a large measuring cup works well) combine the ingredients for the dressing.
- stir until the sugar is dissolved and it is mixed well, a whisk works well.
- pour over the pasta and mix well.
- put in the fridge a few hours.
- t's even more tastier the next day.
- This salad is great for BBQ's and to bring to a cottage.
- Note: the optional vegetables add flavour and taste, they are great for colour also.