Recipe by Sonya Argue
Recipe is very easy and great to make for a large crowd or to bring to the cottage or a BBQ. It takes less than 30 minutes to make. It is very healthy and colourful and everyone loves it! This recipe came from my mother-inlaw. All my friend have asked for the recipe and all find it very tasty and easy to make.
Top Review by Nancy MacLeod
This salad is very delicious and easy to make. My family enjoyed eating the salad and asked me to make more the next time so we would have leftovers. I hope this chef will submit more recipes.
- 2 cups cooked pasta (fussili/rigatoni is nice)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced thin-diced (any onion is good-I usually add about 1/4 cup or more)
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 red pepper (optional)
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil (light is best-use your favourite oil)
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- mix the cooked pasta (once it has cooled) with the diced vegetable.
- in a seperate bowl (a large measuring cup works well) combine the ingredients for the dressing.
- stir until the sugar is dissolved and it is mixed well, a whisk works well.
- pour over the pasta and mix well.
- put in the fridge a few hours.
- t's even more tastier the next day.
- This salad is great for BBQ's and to bring to a cottage.
- Note: the optional vegetables add flavour and taste, they are great for colour also.