From Swansons e-newsletter. This is a healthy version of pasta primavera. I always use either Low Sodium Chicken Broth storebought or use broth I've made myself. I think otherwise the flavor gets too salty. You could make this vegetarian by using vegetable stock in place of the chicken stock.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium roma tomato, diced
- 4 cups thin spaghetti, cooked and still hot
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Mix cornstarch and 3/4 cup broth.
- Mix remaining broth, oregano, garlic, broccoli, carrots and onion in saucepan.
- Heat to a boil and cover and cook over low heat 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the cornstarch mixture then cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir in tomato.
- Toss with spaghetti and top with the grated Parmesan cheese.