Cook1 hr 15 mins
I obtained this recipe from a friend and modified it. It is very simple and so easy to make, and it is very delicious!
- 453.59 g package rigatoni pasta
- 2 eggs
- 425.24 g container ricotta cheese
- 177.44 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 3-4 minced garlic cloves
- 29.58 ml oregano
- salt & pepper
- 2 (1474.17 g) jarof your favorite pasta sauce
- 453.59 g can diced tomatoes
- 226.79 g container sour cream
- 709.77 ml shredded mozzarella cheese (12 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 9x13 inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions, drain, and divide in half.
- In large bowl, beat eggs and stir in ricotta and parmesan cheese, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, mix the two jars of pasta sauce with the can of diced tomatoes including juice.
- Add 2 cups pasta sauce mix spreading to cover bottom of baking pan.
- Add half of cooked noodles over sauce, and top with half of ricotta mixture, dropped by spoonfuls.
- Add sour cream, dropped by spoonfuls.
- Add 1 cup mozzarella, 2 cups pasta sauce mix, remaining rigatoni and ricotta mixture, and top with 1 cup mozzarella.
- Add remaining pasta sauce mix and remaining mozzarella.
- Bake covered with foil until bubbly, about 60 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking about 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Very Good. Even better the second day. My hubby and I made this last night and enjoyed it a lot. The only thing we did different was added a pound of lean ground meat and of course used everything lowfat or fat free and it still turned out to be a great meal.
Great meatless lasagna-like pasta. None of my boys or husband mentioned that there was no meat in it. I loved that it was saucy enough that it didn't dry out after baking. I only baked it for 40 minutes and that was plenty. Thanx!