Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delicious and easy Pasta Fagioli recipe that is absolutely delicious! Everyone I make it for Loves it! Learned this recipe from my ex boyfriends mom and it is one of my favorite Fall and Winter comfort meals. If you want a quick easy meal for the family this is it. It makes a lot and is delicous as leftovers and also freezes well! I like it more soupy so i cook it for just a short time..but if you would like it thicker just cook it longer. Serve with your favorite bread and you have a wonderful meal.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 (16 ounce) packages sweet sausage (squeeze the meat out of the skins)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans (with liquid)
- 2 (29 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (29 ounce) cans water
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup basil
- 1 (16 ounce) box medium pasta shells (or any other type of small pasta of your liking)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Saute garlic and onion in olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add sausage and chop into small pieces. When browned transfer to a large pot.
- Add the two cans of tomato sauce, the beans, the water, basil, salt and pepper.
- Stir and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to med low when it begins to boil and continue cooking for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally. If u want it thicker cook for about 2 hours or to your required thickness.
- When done, pour over cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle with parmasean cheese and if you like it a little spicy add crushed red pepper.