Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband never liked pasta until he tasted pasta con broccoli from a restaurant in St. Louis. I came up with this quick version at home. Great food without the work.
- 1 box penne or 1 box bow tie pasta
- 1 jar alfredo sauce (regular or light, can use mix)
- 2 -3 teaspoons tomato sauce (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushroom (optional)
- 2 bunches broccoli (or half of bag of florets)
- 1 -2 clove minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta as directed, BUT add broccoli the last few minutes of cooking, just until slightly tender and bright green in color.
- Meanwhile saute garlic and mushrooms,then add the sauces and heat.
- After pasta is drained toss it all together and serve.
- We like a little parmesan cheese on top.
This was a nice dinner, but a little bland. Probably because I used Healthy Choice Alfredo....
I made this as a side dish. I followed the recipe as written, using Recipe #128560 instead of alfredo sauce. We all enjoyed it.
I've always wanted this recipe. I had it at the Pasta House in St. Louis. Thank you:)!!