Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
I got this from an Italian friend. He says that this is how Pasta Carbonara is done in their home in Milan. hope you like it.
- 500 g spaghetti or 500 g penne pasta
- 2 eggs, beaten with
- 1 pinch salt
- 300 g bacon or 300 g ham, minced
- 1 medium sweet bell pepper, roasted & chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh celery, chopped
- white pepper
- quickmelt cheese
- parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Do not rinse. (we usually rinse pasta here in the Phil's).
- Mix in beaten eggs while the pasta is hot. The temperature of the pasta will cook the eggs making is saucy white.
- Mix in the rest of the ingradients, then top with parmesan cheese just before serving.