Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick and easy alfredo sauce that's different from the rest. Friends have said that this is better than the large restaurant chains. Mix in a pound of your favorite (like chicken, shrimp, crabmeat, etc.), and serve over pasta.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 8 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup canned grated parmesan cheese
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash parsley flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1 lb cooked chicken breasts (optional) or 1 lb cooked shrimp (optional) or 1 lb cooked crabmeat (optional)
- 1 lb pasta, prepared according package directions
- Melt butter in saucepan and brown garlic in the butter.
- Add half & half and heavy cream. Stir well and heat through.
- Add cheeses and spices, and stir constantly until cheddar cheese melts.
- Add the above noted optional items if desired.
- Heat to serving temperature and enjoy over pasta.