Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 5 tablespoons regular olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed with the flat edge of a knife
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained
- 1 medium size ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 -8 cups water
- 10 ounces boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces or 12 pieces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 -2 tablespoon salt
- 200 g angel hair pasta
- Place four tablespoons of the olive oil and the smashed garlic in a medium saucpan over low heat. It will take about 10 to 15 minutes for the garlic to infuse the olive oil with its flavor and fragrance.
- Remove the smashed garlic and discard. Transfer oil to a medium bowl and let cool to room temperature. Set saucepan aside. Add minced garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, diced fresh tomato, feta cheese and chopped basil to the bowl. Toss to coat with the garli infused oil.
- Meanwhile, start boiling the water in a stockpot. In the same saucepan used to cook smashed garlic, add remaining olive oil and increase the heat to medium. Saute the chicken (alternately, sear the shrimp over medium high heat) and cook until brown. Place cooked chicken/shrimp into bowl with other ingredients.
- Once water in the stocpot comes to a boil, add salt and cook the past as per package directions. Drain pasta, then toss into the bowl of prepared ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.