Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a fantastic easy to make potato side dish. If you are serving more than 3 or 4 people, I suggest to double the recipe. This is like scalloped potatoes only without the heavy cream sauce. You can even sprinkle the cheese in between the layering if desired. You will be making this all the time, it is so good! I like the crispy potatoes on the top lol! Please adjust all ingredients to taste.
Top Review by CincinnatiKitchen
This made a great side dish to Bev's Barbeque Meatloaf! I just used a square baking dish and it was just enough to have a dinner plus one night of leftovers. The topping that gets sprinkled on is so good so next time I might try making a little extra and putting it on the first layer of potatoes and on the top. Yum!
- 6 large russet potatoes (sliced about 1/8-inch thick)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (can use a little more or less)
- salt and pepper (I use seasoned salt)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (can use garlic salt, just omit the white salt)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter a small baking dish.
- Place a layer of sliced potatoes in the bottom of the dish, then season with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder.
- Sprinkle with some sliced onions.
- Drizzle with a little melted butter.
- Repeat layering in the same matter ending up with a layer of potatoes.
- Drizzle the top layer of potatoes with melted butter, and then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.