Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I developed this recipe after eating a Claim Jumper TV dinner and LOVING their version. This is a versatile side that will go with just about any entree. Good on its own or with your favorite gravy.
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks and putin lightly salted water with the smashed garlic.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer until knife slides into and out of the potatoes easily, drain.
- Return to the pan and put over low heat until they"dry out," meaning there is not moisture left in the pan or dripping off the potatoes.
- Add the butter and milk and smash lightly with your potato musher, or use your electric mixer sparingly, the object is to have smashed, not mashed potatoes.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and the herbs, serve warm.
The directions were easy to follow and the assembly was simple. This was a very tasty and delicious side dish. I did add about 1/4 c sour cream and some salt, but this was not necessary, just a personal preference. Thank you for sharing your recipe with us CookbookCarrie.
This is a GREAT recipe, very flavorful. I served this with steak and a simple salad. This is a keeper
super fast, super easy...I boiled the potatoes whole (gramma would kill me if I did't) and I added in some roasted garlic cloves into the "smash"- I like it extra garlic-y. Yum yum. thanks.