Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I developed this recipe after eating a Claim Jumper TV dinner and LOVING their version. This is a versatile side that will go with just about any entree. Good on its own or with your favorite gravy.
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks and putin lightly salted water with the smashed garlic.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer until knife slides into and out of the potatoes easily, drain.
- Return to the pan and put over low heat until they"dry out," meaning there is not moisture left in the pan or dripping off the potatoes.
- Add the butter and milk and smash lightly with your potato musher, or use your electric mixer sparingly, the object is to have smashed, not mashed potatoes.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and the herbs, serve warm.