Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
Made these many times; and they're very good. The recipe was a Pillsbury Bake-off entry many many years ago. Worth the time to make! Have not included the rising time in the prep time. If someone converts this to cinnamon rolls, pls e.mail me.
- Soften yeast in warm water.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the scalded milk, 1/4 cup butter and salt; stir until butter melts.
- Add custard mix; stir until dissolved.
- Cool to lukewarm!
- Add yeast.
- Gradually add flour to form a stiff dough.
- Cover, let rise in warmplace until light and doubled in size, 1-1 ½ hours.
- Turn out on lightly floured surface; knead about 12-14 times.
- Roll out to 20x8” rectangle.
- Cut in half lengthwise, making 20X4” strips.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and brush on half of each strip.
- Using a knife handle,crease each strip lengthwise, slightly off center.
- Fold buttered side over unbuttered side.
- Cut into 3” rolls.
- Place in greased baking dish or cookie sheet.
- Cover; let rise in warm place until light, about 45-60 minutes.
- Before baking, lightly brush tops with milk.
- Bake at 400; for 10-15 minutes until light golden.
In my opinion, these are just biscuits in a muffin tin and not all that great. Mine were a little dry.
I made these to go along with my dinner tonight and they came out great. Thank you! Karen
These are wonderful. So easy to make. I can't believe I made these...they turned out perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe. I'll be making these again, into the keeper box it goes.