Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This parantha is a staple at my house when nothing pleasing is cooked. This parantha is prepared quickly and relished by my entire family. It goes really well with any pickle of your choice--we like it with mango pickle !!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour (for dusting)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red chili peppers
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons caraway seeds (ajwain)
- Knead the whole wheat flour and water together making a soft and pliable dough.
- Heat a tawa or a flat pan.
- Make small rounds(plum sized) of the prepared dough; dust it with flour and roll out into a small disc sized roti. Apply about 1 tsp of ghee, sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt, a pinch of red chili powder, a pinch of caraway seeds (per parantha). Using your fingers, spread out the seasoning mixing well.
- Fold the parantha in a semi circle. Now fold once again joining the the two opposite sides together to get a triangular shape. Dust with flour and roll out in a triangular shape (Don't worry it will not be so accurately shaped but will resemble a triangle lol).
- Very carefully lift the parantha and place it on the hot tawa or pan.
- Wait for 8 seconds; now flip to the other side. The flame should be medium to high.
- Wait for another 6 seconds and flip to the previous side (the cooked side). Apply about a tablespoon of oil and flip again. Roast the other side also by applying oil and flipping again.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Serve hot with any pickle of your choice.