Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
We love roast potatoes but hate the par-boiling involved. This recipe makes life much easier!
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1.5in even pieces.
- Place potatoes in a frying pan.
- Pour over 100ml of water.
- Place over high heat until all the water has gone.
- Lower the heat to minimum. Add lard.
- Cook gently, stirring occasionally for 30min or until the potatoes are the colour you like (golden brown in this house!).
I am giving this 5 stars for the method. Potatoes came out perfect. I used olive oil instead of lard, and for seasonings I used seasoning salt, black pepper, rosemary, salt and thinly sliced some green onions. It was perfect. Thank you.
I made this recipe for mine and SO's dinner on 12/22/11 as part of the " Let's P-A-R-T-Y 2011 " Event. I've made potatoes in the skillet before,but never using water to start them off.They cooked a lot quicker than my usual way of cooking them,but didn't quite brown up as much as we liked. But they were still good. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
This method worked terrific! I used safflower oil instead of lard, but hey, fat is fat. These hash brown-style taters cooked slowly to the perfect goldy-brownness. Thanks for a wonderful compliment to our first bbq of the year!!