Kendra in WI's Note:
Found this recipe on Pinterest, and LOVED IT! Couldn't find it on food.com, so adding for safe keeping. Here is a note from the original poster Patricia Lawless: "Granted, the recipe is not 100% authentic — it doesn’t use fish sauce and tamarind and the 100 other ingredients the authentic version calls for — but it is light and fresh and easy with a capital E. You can seriously have this ready in 30 minutes flat (and most of that time is just soaking the noodles). I’ve made it 4 times in 2 weeks and unless I am on a beach in Thailand, I am never ordering Pad Thai in a restaurant again."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces wide rice noodles, dried
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/8 teaspoons spiracha hot chili sauce (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, separated and thinly sliced (green onions)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large eggs, light beaten (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup dry roasted salted peanut, chopped
- 1Soak noodles according to package instructions. Drain.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, and Sriracha.
- 3In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 4Add scallion whites and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- 5Add eggs and cook, scraping skillet with spatula until eggs are almost set (about 30 seconds).
- 6Transfer eggs to a plate.
- 7Add noodles, scallion greens, and sauce to skillet.
- 8Cook, tossing constantly, until noodles are soft (about 1 minute).
- 9Add egg mixture and toss to coat, breaking eggs up gently.
- 10Serve noodles with lime wedges, topped with cilantro and peanuts.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Pad Thai
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.6
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 977.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 7.0 g