- 10 cups water
- 2 -3 lbs oxtails
- 4 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup barley
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 10 cups of water to boil.
- Add the oxtails, tomatoes, celery, carrots, onions and bay leaf.
- Bring back to a boil, then turn heat to low and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add the barley and simmer on low for one hour longer.
- That's it!
- You can serve the oxtail on the side or you can tear off the meat and shred into smaller pieces and put it back into the soup.