Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
An easy way to serve a hearty, warm breakfast to your family, even on a weekday! I found this recipe in a pamplet I received in the mail from Krogers.
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups old fashioned oats (NOT quick cooking oats) or 2 cups steel cut oats (NOT quick cooking oats)
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Coat the inside of your crockpot or slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all the ingredients in your crockpot and mix well.
- Cover with lid and set to "low" overnight, about 7-8 hours.
- Before serving, stir well and scoop into individual bowls.
- Be careful to not overcook, otherwise it might be gooey.