Recipe by ChefDebs
I adapted several recipes to come up with a recipe for sun dried tomatoes, using heirloom tomatoes from my garden as opposed to the usual Roma tomatoes.
- 20 ripe heirloom tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 10 teaspoons sugar
- 5 teaspoons pepper
- 5 teaspoons sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the hard stem from each tomato, and cut each tomato crosswise. Upside down give each tomato a squeeze to remove seeds, using your finger to scoop out any lingering seeds.
- Place each tomato face up on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Put 1/2 tsp of sugar in each tomato.
- season each tomato with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle all the tomatoes with olive oil.
- Bake in a 180 degree oven for 6 hours on the middle shelf.
- Pack in olive oil when cold, and freeze or refrigerate.