This is a very easy way to make the most delicious, tender veggies! The baby carrots, onions and butter make everything taste almost sweet! Very good!
- 2 cups chicken bouillon, more if needed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, more if desired
- 4 -6 red potatoes, unpeeled (quartered or cut into small chunks)
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups baby carrots (or 1/2 small bag)
- In large baking dish with lid, place all ingredients.*There should be enough liquid to just cover.
- Cover and bake in 350ºF oven for about 2 hours or til very tender.
- Stir occasionally.
- This goes nicely, (and easily), with roasted chicken which bakes for the same amount of time at the same temperature. A no-fuss meal!
- *If you substitute chicken broth for the bouillon, you will need to add salt.
- **You can remove veggies from broth and thicken to a gravy if desired. To make it into gravy, bring the broth to a low boil in a small frying pan or saucepan.
- Add 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp cold water. Pour in and stir for 1-2 minutes. It will thicken immediately.
- Add slowly to get the desired thickness of gravy. You may not need it all, or may want to add even more. (Thicken it to your own liking).
- ***You can also make this on the stove quickly if desired. Bring to a boil, then simmer til veggies are tender. About 20-30 minutes.