1/9 Photos of Easy Oven-Simmered Potatoes, Carrots and Onions
2 hrs 10 mins
This is a very easy way to make the most delicious, tender veggies! The baby carrots, onions and butter make everything taste almost sweet! Very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chicken bouillon, more if needed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, more if desired
- 4 -6 red potatoes, unpeeled (quartered or cut into small chunks)
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 1/2-2 cups baby carrots (or 1/2 small bag)
- 1In large baking dish with lid, place all ingredients.*There should be enough liquid to just cover.
- 2Cover and bake in 350ºF oven for about 2 hours or til very tender.
- 3Stir occasionally.
- 4This goes nicely, (and easily), with roasted chicken which bakes for the same amount of time at the same temperature. A no-fuss meal!
- 5*If you substitute chicken broth for the bouillon, you will need to add salt.
- 6**You can remove veggies from broth and thicken to a gravy if desired. To make it into gravy, bring the broth to a low boil in a small frying pan or saucepan.
- 7Add 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp cold water. Pour in and stir for 1-2 minutes. It will thicken immediately.
- 8Add slowly to get the desired thickness of gravy. You may not need it all, or may want to add even more. (Thicken it to your own liking).
- 9***You can also make this on the stove quickly if desired. Bring to a boil, then simmer til veggies are tender. About 20-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Oven-Simmered Potatoes, Carrots and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.2
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 661.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: