Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A very easy and delicious turkey dish! I most always make this dish with Kittencal's Crispy Potato and Green Onion Pancakes (Latkes) on the side, it goes so well together! You can also make this with chicken legs or pieces, just reduce the cooking time. This recipe can be doubled.
Top Review by Pamela Young
So I had made turkey legs before and they didnt turn out so good. This time I was making them for my parents and husband so I knew they had to impress...this recepie definetly did. My dad gave it a 5 out of 5 and thats good since he can cook. I didnt add the green pepper and I left out the chili powder since my dad just had his gallbladder removed. Since I didnt have chicken boullion I subbed chicken brooth and didnt use water. It turned out great and I will definetly make again, Im gana try chicken next time just to try but turkey legs will be done again. Thanks
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or white salt)
- black pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder, to taste
- 6 small turkey legs
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup favorite bottled barbecue sauce (or homemade)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped (or sliced)
- 1 small chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crushed (or use 1 package chicken bouillon powder)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour with salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Dredge/coat the turkey legs with the flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown the turkey legs on all sides.
- Transfer the browned legs to a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the BBQ sauce, fresh garlic (if using), water, onion, green pepper and the bouillon cube; spoon over the turkey.
- Cover the pan with heavy foil.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Uncover; and bake for 1 hour, basting occasionally or until the turkey legs are tender.
- ***NOTE*** the ingredients for the sauce may be doubled if desired.