1/5 Photos of Easy Oven Roasted Barbecue Turkey Legs
2 hrs 20 mins
A very easy and delicious turkey dish! I most always make this dish with Kittencal's Crispy Potato and Green Onion Pancakes (Latkes) on the side, it goes so well together! You can also make this with chicken legs or pieces, just reduce the cooking time. This recipe can be doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or white salt)
- black pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder, to taste
- 6 small turkey legs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup favorite bottled barbecue sauce (or homemade)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped (or sliced)
- 1 small chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crushed (or use 1 package chicken bouillon powder)
- 1Mix the flour with salt, pepper and chili powder.
- 2Dredge/coat the turkey legs with the flour mixture.
- 3In a large skillet, brown the turkey legs on all sides.
- 4Transfer the browned legs to a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine the BBQ sauce, fresh garlic (if using), water, onion, green pepper and the bouillon cube; spoon over the turkey.
- 6Cover the pan with heavy foil.
- 7Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour.
- 8Uncover; and bake for 1 hour, basting occasionally or until the turkey legs are tender.
- 9***NOTE*** the ingredients for the sauce may be doubled if desired.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Oven Roasted Barbecue Turkey Legs
Serving Size: 1 (933 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1356.1
- Calories from Fat 578
- Total Fat 64.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 579.4 mg
- Sodium 1125.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 160.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: