My favorite way to make a roast. This recipe came from Southern Living, credited to Edith Amburn.
Make and share this Easy Oven Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 lb) chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- Place roast on heavy-duty aluminum foil; brush with steak sauce and sprinkle with onion soup mix.
- Spoon mushroom soup on top; wrap loosely with foil.
- Place in a 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours.
I chose this recipe for PAC Spring '09. Super easy and very flavorful. Thanks for posting a recipe that I will probably use for roast from now on.
I tried this today, but in the crockpot(8 hrs on low). The sauce was wonderful, needing a little cornstarch for thickening. The meat was tender and fell apart like pulled pork. We had it over rice and it was a terrific dinner.
I saw this recipe and knew we would love it. It is very close to a recipe my MIL used to make. I used a full recipe of my Onion Seasoning Mix #89857 and cooked the roast for about 5 hours in the crockpot instead of the oven. It was a lean cut of meat and was wonderful, moist and tender. I thickened the gravy slightly with cornstarch. Something nice and easy that doesn't heat up the kitchen.