Recipe by Artsy Chef
I can't make pancakes, but I can make this. It is so simple and easy and can be topped with anything you'd like...ranging from powdered sugar, fruit, Cool Whip, or even cinnamon sugar.
Top Review by AboveRubies
This is almost identical to the German Pancake I grew up with. Please leave the nutmeg out!!!! A lot of people whip the batter to death until it is smooth but the lumps help to make the pancake puff up. I always let mine stay in the oven for a few more minutes, maybe two minutes, until they are brown. I usually do three at a time. When they are done, immediately put into the plates, sprinkle freshly squeezed lemon juice, powdered sugar, and great room temperature freezer strawberry jam. Eat immediately. It is delicious!!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter in 10 inch hot skillet.
- Beat 2 eggs in bowl using whisk. Add 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup milk and whisk till mixed. Batter will be lumpy (more lumps, the fluffier the pancake). Add nutmeg to taste.
- Pour batter into melted butter. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Top with whatever and serve. Top with your Favorite: Powdered sugar, Marmalade or Preserves, Fruit. Cool Whip, Cinnamon Sugar.
- It was even good cold with cinnamon sugar.