Prep 5 mins
Cook 17 mins
I can't make pancakes, but I can make this. It is so simple and easy and can be topped with anything you'd like...ranging from powdered sugar, fruit, Cool Whip, or even cinnamon sugar.
- Place butter in 10 inch hot skillet.
- Beat 2 eggs in bowl using whisk. Add 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup milk and whisk till mixed. Batter will be lumpy (more lumps, the fluffier the pancake). Add nutmeg to taste.
- Pour batter into melted butter. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Top with whatever and serve. Top with your Favorite: Powdered sugar, Marmalade or Preserves, Fruit. Cool Whip, Cinnamon Sugar.
- It was even good cold with cinnamon sugar.
This is almost identical to the German Pancake I grew up with. Please leave the nutmeg out!!!! A lot of people whip the batter to death until it is smooth but the lumps help to make the pancake puff up. I always let mine stay in the oven for a few more minutes, maybe two minutes, until they are brown. I usually do three at a time. When they are done, immediately put into the plates, sprinkle freshly squeezed lemon juice, powdered sugar, and great room temperature freezer strawberry jam. Eat immediately. It is delicious!!!
I used rice milk, a little oil, and some cinnamon. It came out great. I wanted pancakes but did not want to stand over them. Thanks alot!!!
Yum! I omitted both butter and nutmeg and it came out perfect. In fact, I've heard lots of talk that butter makes it way greasy - and after all, why add it when you can go without? =) I served with Cool Whip and strawberries and the fam had a fab breakfast.