Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to make for those of us who can't seem to make a neat omelette in a skillet.
Make and share this Easy Oven Omelette recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 10 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄3 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Brush the 1 tbsp melted butter into a square baking dish (8x8 or 9x9).
- Beat the eggs, sour cream, milk and mustard together until well blended.
- Stir in the scallions, swiss cheese, salt and paprika.
- Pour into the buttered baking dish.
- Bake at 325 for about 30-35 minutes or until eggs are set but still moist.
Easy to make, makes it easy to prepare other brunch recipes and is tasty when finished. I didn't expect it to be quite as fluffy as it was, and it definitely could benefit from some ham and sauteed green peppers, at least that's the way we would like it. It's a good base recipe and I'm sure I'll be making it again. Thanks for posting! Made for the I Recommend Tag game.
I jusgt made this recipe for an A-Z challenge this morning and loved it! I tossed in some left over Holiday ham and it was great. i had to go back for second.. Also, I did not have scallions but I through in some onions instead with great results. I found that the msutard added a great flavor the eggs!
I love an omelette whenever the family are having brunch but am nervous about making them as I don't have a heavy enough frying pan. Your omelette was delicious and enjoyed by all this weekend and, so much so, that I'm looking forward to next weekend so that I can have omelette will on the menu again. I've just posted Arnold Bennetts Omelette for others as nervous as me (about a burnt omelette bottom/runny top scenario) but somehow, I've got a feeling that come next weekend Arnold's omelette (originally created by a Savoy Hotel chef - stiff competition!) will stay on hold as your recipe is so delicious, somehow I think I will be making that again instead!