Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
Easy and tasty...
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce or 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 8 buns
- Combine the first 6 ingredients, divide into 8 balls.
- Arrange the bottom of buns on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Flatten balls to fit buns.
- Shape meat with a ridge at the edge and a depression in the center.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Put top halves of buns on hamburgers and return to the oven for 2 minutes.
I really liked the idea of this burger. However, once it was done cooking the bun was soggy and I had to drain the grease from under the burger. I'm going to try it again but with ground chicken, i'll let you know what happens.
I didn't realize I'd done these wrong until I came to rate it. I quartered the recipe and made only one burger. I cooked it in a frying pan, and it was still delicious. I grated a little too much onion, and tossed the rest of the onion because I didn't want to mess up the measurements. The next time, I might just see what happens with a little extra onion. I loved these. Thanks, Anonymity, for a lovely recipe.