Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe makes a large roast pan full (great for pot lucks) and it turns out very moist and flavorful.
- 4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 7 1⁄2 cups water (I used part chicken broth)
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 chopped onions or 1 green onion
- 1 envelope Lipton onion mushroom dry soup mix (or 1 envelope dry onion soup mix plus 1 Cup-a-Soup envelope Cream of Mushroom flavor)
- 1 can mushroom, chopped
- celery salt (optional)
- garlic powder (optional)
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- cooked chicken breasts or cooked pork, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup honey garlic sauce, from a jar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT (eggs/meat/honey garlic sauce) in a large roast pan and stir.
- Cover with lid and bake for 1 hour.
- Scramble eggs while rice is cooking and cube meat.
- Add both to cooked rice.
- Pour honey garlic sauce over& stir to mix.
- Bon Appetit!