Recipe by Lisa1
I'm too lazy to fry chicken the traditional way. I've experimented with chili powder, Greek seasoning etc. in place of the paprika or poultry seasoning. Try what you like.
Top Review by LainieBug
Great fried chicken recipe and I love that it calls for bone-in chicken. The skin came out crispy and the chicken moist and tender. I used a metal pan and lined it with double duty aluminum foil and the clean up was a snap compared to frying chicken on the stove top. This is a real keeper in my book, thanks for sharing.
- 59.14 ml Butter Flavor Crisco
- 236.59 ml flour
- 9.85 ml paprika or 9.85 ml poultry seasoning
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 4 skin-on bone-in chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt Crisco in a 13” x 9” baking pan.
- Combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper in a bag.
- Shake chicken pieces, one at a time, in bag to coat with flour mixture.
- Place chicken skin side down in baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken.
- Bake 30 minutes longer.