Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy, yet tasty chicken. Found in the Betty Crocker cookbook.
Make and share this Easy Oven Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix flour, salt, paprika, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Rinse off chicken pieces and coat in four mixture.
- Heat butter and shortening in a 13X9X2-inch baking dish at 425 degrees F until melted.
- Place coated chicken pieces (skin side down) in dish.
- Cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken; cook uncovered about 30 minutes longer.
Excellent fried chicken. DH said I could make this anytime. He really only likes chicken deep fried and this is so much easier. I used butter flavored Crisco and smokey paprika. The meat really does stay moist and the skin crisps up beautifully. Thanks for posting. :)
Beautiful crispy skin and moist meat superb thank you. I used half butter and half oil (don't use shortening) and for 2 of us used a thigh and a drumstick/leg each and the DS and I really enjoyed. I can see myself making this again and maybe changing the spice mix or using herbs for a change, as it was it had a very subtle taste which we enjoyed, thank you Kim D, made for I Recommend (and done so by Lazyme) - I thank you both for a great recipe. UPDATE - quartered a large chicken and baked at 175C fan forced (with half butter and oil) for about 1 hour 15 minutes (slightly too long as the DH was running late) - could have just done with just on or slightly over the hour but the skin was beautifully skispy and was enjoyed by all. Thank you once again Kim D.
Yum! Loved this dish. I made it as directed but with all chicken thighs as that's what I had on hand. The chicken was crispy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. Thanks for sharing this great recipe Kim. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.