Recipe by Kim D.
Easy, yet tasty chicken. Found in the Betty Crocker cookbook.
Top Review by teresas
Excellent fried chicken. DH said I could make this anytime. He really only likes chicken deep fried and this is so much easier. I used butter flavored Crisco and smokey paprika. The meat really does stay moist and the skin crisps up beautifully. Thanks for posting. :)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix flour, salt, paprika, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Rinse off chicken pieces and coat in four mixture.
- Heat butter and shortening in a 13X9X2-inch baking dish at 425 degrees F until melted.
- Place coated chicken pieces (skin side down) in dish.
- Cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken; cook uncovered about 30 minutes longer.