Recipe by CountryLady
These "snack type" quesadillas can be assembled early in the day & baked later on. Great for snacking during the game - any game!! To do this, simply cover tightly with plastic wrap after step 2 & refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
- 3⁄4 cup salsa (mild, medium or hot)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander or 1⁄4 cup basil (or 1/2 tsp dried basil)
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup sliced roasted red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped black olives
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, monterey jack or blend)
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir salsa with parmesan& coriander.
- Place tortillas on a flat surface.
- Spread equal amounts of salsa mixture all over each tortilla, leaving about a 1/2 inch border around the edges.
- Scatter equal amounts of peppers, olives, onions& cheese on HALF of each tortilla.
- Fold in half.
- Lightly brush oil on the outside of each tortilla& place on a baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 425F oven for 5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Slice each tortilla into 2 or 3 wedges& serve with sour cream, guacamole& additional salsa for dipping (optional).