Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
My family loves this. It is so easy to make, even my non-cooking sister can make it! The chicken turns out with an interesting crispy-creamy texture. This dish goes perfect with hot rolls, roasted potatoes and green beans. Very comforting on a frosty day!
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (whole or cut into pieces)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Wash the chicken breasts under cold running water. Pat dry with papper towels. Cut into pieces if desired.
- Combine the flour, paprika, salt, pepper, thyme and garlic powder in a shallow bowl or dish, such as a pie pan. Coat the chicken with the flour mixture, making sure that it is coated on all sides.
- Spray a shallow baking dish with vegetable oil spray (PAM). Place the chicken in the baking dish and sprinkle with the minced onion.
- Mix the two cream soups together in a separate bowl and then spread over the chicken. Sprinkle parsley flakes on top.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 400°F oven for 25 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 325°F.
- Remove chicken and cover the dish with foil (or a lid). Bake at 325°F for 1 hour.
- Uncover the chicken and increase the oven temperature back to 400°F Cook 10 more minutes to crisp the chicken.