1 hr 33 mins
1 hr 15 mins
My family loves this. It is so easy to make, even my non-cooking sister can make it! The chicken turns out with an interesting crispy-creamy texture. This dish goes perfect with hot rolls, roasted potatoes and green beans. Very comforting on a frosty day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (whole or cut into pieces)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1Wash the chicken breasts under cold running water. Pat dry with papper towels. Cut into pieces if desired.
- 2Combine the flour, paprika, salt, pepper, thyme and garlic powder in a shallow bowl or dish, such as a pie pan. Coat the chicken with the flour mixture, making sure that it is coated on all sides.
- 3Spray a shallow baking dish with vegetable oil spray (PAM). Place the chicken in the baking dish and sprinkle with the minced onion.
- 4Mix the two cream soups together in a separate bowl and then spread over the chicken. Sprinkle parsley flakes on top.
- 5Bake, uncovered, in a 400°F oven for 25 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 325°F.
- 6Remove chicken and cover the dish with foil (or a lid). Bake at 325°F for 1 hour.
- 7Uncover the chicken and increase the oven temperature back to 400°F Cook 10 more minutes to crisp the chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Oven Chicken Fricassee
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.5
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 73.2 mg
- Sodium 1318.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 32.6 g