Recipe by arose
This is a simple taco meat stuffed burrito that couldn't be any easier. The name came from a couple that did youth ministry and served huge meals at their houses every week. This was a common dish that everyone enjoyed!
Top Review by Wolfangel
I modified mine a little bit by adding some cheese and green olives inside the burritos & on top I used a mexican blend cheese rather than mozzerella. Excellent recipe, my kids told me they wanted it again the next night for supper and all week long for supper. lol Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!!! A definite must try for anyone that likes this type of food. Some of the people in the house were skeptical on what it looked like but liked it when they tried it, hehe
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (33 g) package taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (680 ml) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 8 large whole wheat tortillas
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in frying pan on medium heat.
- Add taco seasoning and 3/4 Cup water.
- Add spices to tomato sauce and empty half of the contents in a 9x12 baking dish.
- Lay out tortilla wrap and fill with taco meat, about 3/4 of a cup per wrap. Place meat close to one edge, and begin rolling, bring the sides in before you reach the end. Add to baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
- Once your dish is full, pour the remaining tomato sauce over top, covering the wraps.
- Sprinkle your cheese on top.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes.
- Can be made ahead without baking, and frozen. Allow more cooking time from frozen state.
- Serve with sour cream.