Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is so easy and smells and tastes wonderful. Good with a salad and rolls.
- 3 lbs round steaks, cut up in bite size pieces
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Put meat in oven proof casserole dish.
- In a bowl mix soup mix with wine.
- Pour over top of meat.
- Add mushrooms.
- Bake for 5 hours.
- Serve over noodles, mashed potatoes, or rice.
I made this last night for dinner and it was so easy and very tasty. I thought the meat was very tender. I did add cornstarch and water at the end to thicken the gravy because that's how my family likes it. I served it with egg noodles and Garlic Lemon Broccoli. Thanks for a great recipe.