Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe comes from Cookbooks Online. This is a easy and nutritious main meal. You can put it in the oven and go about other things as it fixes itself. My family loves this recipe and perfers that I double it to make more gravy for over noodles and mashed potatoes. I tried this in a crockpot while camping after a reviewer had said they have made it that way. I used frozen stew beef. I let it cook on low 9 hours (by accident we were at a water park) and it turned out great for my family the meat just fell apart. I did need to thicken it with 1/4 cup cold water and 2 tablespons cornstarch.
- 2 lbs boneless beef cubes
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- Mix the soups and water together using a electric mixer in a bowl.
- Place the cubed beef in a oven proof dish.
- Pour the soup mix over the beef and gently fold until all the meat is covered.
- Cover the dish and bake at 325 for 2 hours, stirring several times.
- Serve this over mashed potatoes or noodles.
this works great in a crockpot too!
This was great! I cooked in the oven once and the second time in the crockpot. I added a small can of stem and pieces mushrooms the second time I prepared this meal. I served over mashed potatoes. I added the liquid from the mushrooms. This seemed to take some of the salt from the gravy and it is great also.
Can I have some more of that MOM? This was a great simple recipe! The family loved it...I thought I would have leftovers for work the next day...and NOPE I sure was wrong! The gravy tasted great not what I was expecting! My DS who doesn't like gravy said This was real good! Will make again!