Recipe by internetnut
This recipe comes from Cookbooks Online. This is a easy and nutritious main meal. You can put it in the oven and go about other things as it fixes itself. My family loves this recipe and perfers that I double it to make more gravy for over noodles and mashed potatoes. I tried this in a crockpot while camping after a reviewer had said they have made it that way. I used frozen stew beef. I let it cook on low 9 hours (by accident we were at a water park) and it turned out great for my family the meat just fell apart. I did need to thicken it with 1/4 cup cold water and 2 tablespons cornstarch.
- 2 lbs boneless beef cubes
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the soups and water together using a electric mixer in a bowl.
- Place the cubed beef in a oven proof dish.
- Pour the soup mix over the beef and gently fold until all the meat is covered.
- Cover the dish and bake at 325 for 2 hours, stirring several times.
- Serve this over mashed potatoes or noodles.